Asking the Difficult Questions – Can Power-Sharing Work?
- Room 0.27b, Law & Politics Building
- Time Slot:
- Tuesday 27th March 13:30 - 15:00
- Panel Chair:
- Dr Eamonn O'Kane (University of Wolverhampton)
- Panel Discussant:
- Dr Kathryn Simpson (Manchester Metropolitan University )
- Panel Members:
- Professor Feargal Cochrane (University of Kent)
- Mr Thibaud Bodson (Freie Universität Berlin)
- Dr Neophytos Loizides
This panel examines the applicability and resilience of power-sharing as a form of government for deeply divided societies. The panel examines the experiences of three European case studies: Northern Ireland, Brussels and Cyprus. By focusing on these diverse cases, the panel can interrogate both the theory of power-sharing and its record in managing and overcoming conflict.