You are here
Conference Programme & Schedule
Presenting a Paper?
- Paper-givers are encouraged to bring their own laptops, especially for panels taking place in City Hall.
- If you are presenting a paper, please ensure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the session starts.
- All sessions will run for 90 minutes and should be structured to allow a maximum of 60 minutes for all presentations, with at least 30 minutes for discussion and questions.
- Most panels have 3 or 4 papers, which will give each person up to 15 or 20 minutes to present, but please adjust accordingly if required. Some panels will have less papers and so will have longer for presentations and/or Q&A.
- All rooms are equipped with screens and projectors. It would be very helpful if you could ensure that all presentations are uploaded to the designated laptop in advance of the panel commencing.
We are no longer accepting paper and panel proposals for the 68th PSA Annual International Conference and the various deadlines relating to submissions are below.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSALS ARE AVAILABLE HERE.
Please contact Avnish Patel, Events Manager, PSA if you require any assistance or further details regarding submitproposals.
PSA Specialist Groups
PSA Specialist Groups are invited to submit proposals and the panel allocation criteria is as follows:
Equality and Diversity at the PSA Annual International Conference
The PSA is committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of its work. As such, all panels submitted to the annual international conference must endeavour to reflect the diversity of the profession and gender balance – we will be taking this into account when accepting proposals. PSA Specialist Group convenors should make active efforts to involve BME speakers as a means of reflecting the importance of this issue to the PSA E&D agenda.
Friday 15th September 2017: Submissions for paper and panel proposals open
Monday 9th October 2017: Conference registration opens (Early Bird rates)
Friday 10th November 2017: Deadline for paper and panel proposals has now been exended to this date (acceptances will be conveyed from October onwards); acceptance/rejection emails will be sent by early December 2017
Wednesday 24th January 2018: Deadline to register using early bird rates
Friday 16th February 2018: Deadline for paper-givers to register / Deadline for booking childcare
Monday 19th March 2018: Deadline for paper uploads