You are here
Innovative Methods for the 'Politics of our Times'
- Room 027a, Law & Politics Building
- Time Slot:
- Wednesday 28th March 15:30 - 17:00
- Panel Chair:
- Dr Indrajit Roy (University of York)
- Panel Members:
- Sarah Jane Cooper-Knock (University of Edinburgh)
- Dr Duduzile Ndlovu (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Mr Amogh Dhar Sharma (University of Oxford)
- Dr Mark Wong (University of Glasgow)
This panel explores the interesting ways in which people are combining established methodologies and drawing in under-used or new methods to explore the complex political realities of our times. We welcome papers from interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary studies;methods based in photo-voice, poetry, soundscapes, and smellscapes; as well as approaches to studying digital activism and digital publics. We would encourage presenters to think about the opportunities but also the practical, political and ethical challenges that such approaches bring.