This conference provides an exciting and timely opportunity to explore issues concerning intersex and variations of sex characteristics from human rights, activist, and citizenship perspectives. The conference is being organised as part of a 2 year project taking place in Italy, the UK and Switzerland on Intersex, Citizenship and Human Rights, see https://research.hud.ac.uk/institutes-centres/criss/projects/intersex-dsd_human_rights/
We now invite the submission of panel proposals for this conference. Panel themes can include:
• Human Rights
• Legal aspects
• Activism, politics, and policy reform
• Healthcare institutions
• The experiences and issues of children, young people, families, and older people
• Alliances with LGBT activists
• Terminology and de-pathologisation
• Historical and/or philosophical analysis relevant to the contemporary situation
• Perspectives from the Global South
• Social theory
We also welcome individual paper submissions and we will put out a call for these in due course.
For further information please contact Professor Surya Monro (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director, Centre for Citizenship, Conflict, Identity and Diversity, University of Huddersfield.