You are here
PSA Annual Undergraduate Conference 2021
The PSA Undergraduate Conference 2021 is now open for submissions.
We are now accepting paper and panel proposals for our PSA Annual Undergraduate Conference. The conference will be a digital event taking place Friday 26th March 2021. The academic convenors for the conference are Dr James Weinberg (University of Sheffield & PSA Trustee) and Dr Muiris MacCarthaigh (Queen's University Belfast).
If you have any questions on the PSA Undegraduate Conference please contact email@example.com
Politics and International Relations in a Time of Transitions.
At home and abroad, the political landscape is changing. In the UK, the 2017 and 2019 general elections saw a return to two-party politics. Labour presented an unapologetically socialist manifesto, whilst the Conservative Party, under the premierships of Theresa May and then Boris Johnson, moved further to the ideological right in what some commentators have hailed as ‘the end of neoliberalism’. The most recent of those elections has forced political parties on the left of British politics, in particular, to re-evaluate what they stand for and how they can win back popular support in the future. Meanwhile, electoral competition between ‘young cosmopolitans’ and an ageing pro-Brexit population has highlighted divisions between younger and older voters, whilst a clear cultural divide also exists between provincial towns and big cities. Dealing with legacies of the past continues to be politically fraught, including the use and interpretation of artefacts and symbols in the public arena, New ways of doing politics and healing these divisions are sorely needed.
The full call for papers can be downloaded here.
Friday 29th January 2021: Deadline for submitting proposals. Proposals can be edited up until the submission deadline unless it is already under review by the convenors. If the status of your proposal is 'under review' and you wish to propose changes please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will help with your request. A confirmation email acknowledging receipt of a proposal will be sent to all contributors.
w/c 8th February 2021: All students will recieve a notification of acceptance by this time.
w/c 15th March 2021: All presenters (and their co-authors) of accepted abstracts must be registered for the conference and conference fees paid. Failure to register will result in the abstract being excluded from the conference programme.
Friday 26th March 2021: Date of Conference. Programme to be published when all presenters are confirmed.
Submitting your paper
This year we will be using the conference ex ordo site to manage all undergraduate submissions.
You will have to register for an account and provide some general contact information before you can upload your abstract.
Visit our conference site by clicking the registration buttton above or directly here.
When submitting your abstract please ensure you submit via the Undergraduate Stream and unless you are proposing a full panel, please choose 'paper submission'.
Paper Submission Guidance:
- STEP 1. FORMAT: Select the ‘Paper Submission’ option.
- STEP 2. TITLE & ABSTRACT: Enter paper title in Title Case Format and the abstract (max. 300 words). If it is paper for a 'Panel Proposal' enter the paper title as Panel Title: Paper Title
- STEP 3. AUTHORS: Add details as requested:
- If you are not a paper author but are submitting on behalf of others, click the ‘I’m not an Author’ box and then add paper author details.
- If there are multiple authors choose a corresponding author (main point of contact for the paper) and select the presenting authors who will attend the conference if the paper is accepted.
- STEP 4. TOPICS:
- For the Undergraduate Conference you will not receive a list of topics to select from so please select 'done'
- STEP 5. ALL SUBMISSION TYPES:
- Statement on No All-Male Panels: Select 'Not applicable - not submitting a panel proposal'.
- STEP 6. PANEL OVERVIEW:
- Panel Discussant Details: Ignore and click 'Done'
- The paper has now been submitted and all authors will be notified via email. Proposals can be edited up until the submission deadline unless already under review by the convenors. If the status of your proposal is ‘under review’ and you wish to make changes please email the conference convenors who will help with your request.
Registration and Fees
Registration for the conference is now OPEN.
PSA Student members may attend the conference for Free.
Student Non-Members will have to pay a fee of £20 to attend the conference, this includes conference presenters.
PSA Student Membership costs only £10 per year. If you are considering applying to our Undergraduate conference and are not a member please consider joining our organisation. Click here for more information on our membership offer.