International Teaching and Learning Conference 2019
Join us for our first joint ECPR, APSA and BISA Teaching and Learning Conference in Brighton!
17-19 June 2019, Jurys Inn Waterfront, Brighton #IntTLC19
Registration is now CLOSED.
A soft version of the programme is available here.
The organising committee for the conference consists of representatives from the collaborating learned societies:
Professor John Craig and Dr Stuart Wilks-Heeg (Political Studies Association)
Dr Amanda Rosen and Dr Tanya Schwarz (American Political Science Association)
Professor Nick Robinson (British International Studies Association)
Professor Oddbjørn Knutsen (European Consortium for Political Research)
This conference aims to provide a forum in which political science educators from different countries and contexts can come together to explore these challenges and share their experiences and teaching practices. We welcome contributions which explore the challenges faced in national, international, or comparative contexts. We also welcome different approaches to understanding populism and the challenges that it may present to political science educators in different contexts. Click here to read the full conference theme.
When you submit a proposal to the conference your contact information will be shared to members of the organising committee for proposal review and conference scheduling.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
All conference submissions should be submitted by 19th November 2018. The call for proposals is now CLOSED.
Click here to read the full call for papers.
Early Bird Registration Deadline Friday 8th February.
General Registration Deadline Monday 10th June.
Conference registration is now open. Registration fees are as follows:
Early Bird Rates (Monday 5th November-Friday 8th February)
- Member: £150
- Non-Member: £180
Standard Rates (Saturday 9th February-Monday 10th June)
- Member: £180
- Non-Member: £230
Student Rate (Monday 5th November-Monday 10th June)
- £60 - this rate is available to those currently enrolled at an institution studying toward an Undergraduate & Postgraduate Degree or undertaking a PhD.
*Note Member Rates are available to members or scholars from member institutions of the following organisations: PSA/APSA/BISA/ECPR.
VISA Support Letters
International attendees should be aware of any visa requirements when entering the UK. Please plan your travel well in advance and allow plenty of time for visa applications.
The PSA will gladly provide a visa supporting letter to attendees and please note the following when making a request:
- Attendees must register and pay in advance of requesting a visa supporting letter
- The visa supporting letter will provide confirmation of the purpose of your trip when applying for your visitor visa (in that you are registered to attend a PSA Conference as an attendee, paper-giver or panel chair). It does NOT substitute an official visa permit.
- The PSA cannot provide a visa supporting letter for accompanying persons or family if they are not registered to attend the conference.
- Please check your visa requirements before you register for the PSA International Teaching and Learning Conference 2019 and make travel arrangements. We're unable to refund registration fees outside of our cancellation deadlines in the event that your visa is denied or not processed in time. More information on visa requirements is available via the UK Home Office.
- Full title and name
- Job title/Academic Position (and email)
- Academic Institution Address & Home Address
- Passport Details: Number; Date of Issue; Date of Expiry; and Place of Issue
- Date of Birth
- Conference Paper or Panel Title(s) if a paper-giver and/or panel chair
- Confirmation and date of when PSA Conference registration was purchased - the receipt reference number will then be included in the supporting letter.
PSA CONFERENCE CANCELLATION POLICY
- Where a paper-giver is unable to attend the PSA Conference for any reason they may substitute, by arrangement, a paper co-author or someone else from the same institution.
- Where the paper-giver is unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer their place to another person, then the following refund arrangements apply: (a) Registrations cancelled more than two weeks before the PSA Conference will be refunded 100% of the registration fees; (b) Registrations cancelled less than two weeks before the PSA Conference will not be eligible for a refund.
When you register, you will be asked to accept that the data you provide at the time of registration will be shared with your respective association to confirm your membership and eligibility for member rates.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY
The PSA/BISA/APSA/ECPR are committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of its work and the profession. Panel proposals must endeavour to reflect the gender diversity of the profession and therefore all-male panel submissions will not be considered.
Please do not contact individual members of the organising committee.
All queries regarding the conference should be sent to email@example.com