You are here
Become a member
- Suitable for anyone with an interest in politics or political studies, including politicians and civil servants, journalists and third sector workers
- Cost: £40 per year
Subscription to our e-newsletter and Political Insight
Free or discounted attendance to events
Access to online resources
Are you a member of the public with an interest in politics? If so, the PSA looks forward to welcoming you.
Suitable for political studies and political science academics, retired academics, and academics from other disciplines
- Also suitable for PhD students and early career academics, masters students, and undergraduate students
- Cost: Sliding scale by income
Significant reduction on Annual Conference registration
Eligibility for travel grants and prizes
Access to our 59 subject-specific specialist groups
Subscriptions to our academic journals, Political Insight, PSA News and our e-newsletter
Voting rights as a member of the PSA at our Annual General Meeting
Join over a thousand academics from around the world who are members of PSA. We offer a wide range of members-only benefits at progressive prices depending on your career stage.
- Suitable for teachers of politics, history, citizenship and other social sciences subjects
- Cost: £25 per year
- Access to our members-only online Teaching Resources
- Eligibility for our 'Seminar for Schools' programme
- Priority booking for our exciting programme of events
- Subscription to our academic journals and Schools e-newsletter
- Eligibility for our schools grants and teaching awards
If you’re a teacher then we have a wide range of benefits for you to access and share with the rest of your school.
Plus, we’re currently offering a discount on our regular membership fee!