View all benefits
Call for papers.
PSA Political Thought Specialist Group.
Panel Political Thought and Political Economy:
2018 PSA annual conference, Cardiff, 26-28 March 2018. Conference theme: Asking Difficult Questions.
Panel convenor: Robin Jervis, University of Brighton;
In this panel we aim to consider the difficult questions:
· How can concepts (freedom, democracy etc.) in political theory help us to interrogate economic activity?
· What are the appropriate boundaries/spheres for the application of political theory?
· How can we dissolve (or reinforce) the boundaries between the disciplines of political thought and political economy?
Possible topics (not exhaustive!) might include:
· Political thought and labour markets
· Republicanism and domination in the workplace
· Democracy in the firm
· Gender, political theory and work
· Distributive justice
· Political theory perspectives on gender and production
· Democratic socialism and property-owning democracy
· Ideology and economic organisation
Please let me know if you’re interested; abstracts by 1st November at the latest please to firstname.lastname@example.org.; we will then frame the panel application to suit the papers proposed.