Not only does the PSA develop and promote the study of politics, but it is dedicated to investing in the skills and professional development of our members, through a wide range of activities and world-class journals that enrich the discipline.
Join the PSA and you will receive:
- Members' discounts on our Annual Conference. Save more than the cost of your membership when you attend our Annual Conference!
- An exciting programme of events throughout the year
- Workshops for your academic and professional development
- Subscription to the PSA's publications
- Access to travel grants and awards
- Access to a network of Specialist Groups
- Opportunities to be nominated for the PSA prizes celebrating outstanding achievements in academia and teaching
- Subscription to our quarterly members’ magazine, exploring developments in political studies
- Subscription to our fortnightly e-newsletter, informing members about upcoming opportunities and more
Early Career Network: £10 Membership for PhD Students and Early Career Academics
For PhD students and early career academics within three years of their viva, membership of the PSA is now only £10 through our Early Career Network (ECN).
Please select Early Career Network from the membership product dropbox when you join here.
The PSA’s Early Career Network is committed to promoting the interests of postgraduate, postdoctoral and early career academic members. The ECN supports its members as they navigate the precarious life of academia, from studying to early research and teaching.
Join the Political Studies Association now for just £10.
The journals of the Political Studies Association are published by SAGE Publishing. Members benefit from free access to Political Studies, Political Studies Review, Politics, British Journal of Politics and International Relations and Political Insight. Our partnership with SAGE also gives PSA members access to a number of new resources for use in your research or teaching:
- Access to over 500 books and reference works on Politics and International Relations through SAGE Knowledge – the premier social sciences e-book platform for SAGE and CQ Press books, reference materials and video content.
- Full text access to a selection of high quality journals from SAGE’s Political Science, International Relations and Public Administration journals programme including Public Policy and Administration and Teaching Public Administration.
- SAGE Research Methods - the ultimate methods library, with more than 1000 books, reference works, journal articles, and instructional videos by world-leading academics from across the social sciences, including the largest collection of qualitative methods books available online from any scholarly publisher.
- Adam Matthew Archives Direct – Archives Direct is a suite of collections sourced from The National Archives, UK – the UK government’s official archive. The digitised archive of 19th and 20th century British Government papers contains over 2 million pages of highly relevant primary source content from some of the most political periods in history, including Foreign Office files, Macmillan Cabinet papers and ‘Women in the National Archives’. For more information please view the video!
- CQ Press Library - the place to search or browse resources on American government, current affairs, history, politics, public policy, and data analysis for the social sciences.
- CQ Press U.S. Political Stats – a powerful data download and visualization tool covering all three branches of the United States government. Users will discover a wealth of information on election returns, congressional floor votes, Supreme Court decisions, plus presidential performance and economic indicators, as well as diverse demographics. U.S. Political Stats provides power and context for researchers at all levels.