Not only does the PSA exist to develop and promote the study of politics, it also aims to help its members develop their skills and advance in their professional careers, through a wide range of activities and world-class journals that help enrich the discipline. Join the PSA and you will receive:
- Members' discounts on conference and workshop fees. Save more than the cost of your membership when you attend our annual conference!
- Subscription to the PSA's various publications
- Access to travel grants and awards
- Access to a network of specialist groups
- Opportunities for members to be nominated for the various PSA prizes
- Access to the PSA Special Projects Fund
- 35% discount on books and journals from Wiley-Blackwell and Polity Press (until 31 December 2016)
- 20% discount on over 100 books from Ashgate
- Workshops organised on issues of practical professional concern to early and mid-career academics
New Early Career Network Membership Offer:
To coincide with the launch of the new Early Career Network, the PSA is offering an exclusive membership offer. Any UK based post-graduate students and early career academics (those up to three years after their viva, who do not have an established post) who join the PSA for the first time will now get one-year free membership when they sign up to pay for future years via direct debit.
Eligible individuals should select one of the following below options:
· Student/Post-graduate Student in UK
Individuals should then enter their details. At the point at which payment is required they should select the Direct Debit option. Please send the original completed form to Josh Niderost, PSA, 113a Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y 6HJ. Membership will be activated following reciept of a completed Direct Debit Form.
In future years Postgraduates will be charged £44 for PSA membership. Concessionary members within the ECN will be charged £44. Members of the ECN in employment will be charged £81.
If you were already a member of the PGN do not worry, you will automatically become a member of the new ECN which will continue to work to represent your interests.
You can pay for membership via direct debit either as one annual payment or as quarterly instalments. (Please note: members paying the FULL individual UK/Europe rate in one instalment will receive a discount of £10). In order to pay by direct debit you need to complete our payment form and return it to the PSA’s Membership Secretary at the following address:
Political Studies Association
113a Jermyn Street
The journals of the Political Studies Association are published by SAGE Publishing. Membersbenefit from free access to Political Studies, Political Studies Review, Politics, British Journal of Politics and International Relations and Political Insight. Our partnership with SAGE also gives PSA members access to a number of new resources for use in your research or teaching:
- Access to over 500 books and reference works on Politics and International Relations through SAGE Knowledge – the premier social sciences e-book platform for SAGE and CQ Press books, reference materials and video content.
- Full text access to a selection of high quality journals from SAGE’s Political Science, International Relations and Public Administration journals programme including Public Policy and Administration and Teaching Public Administration.
- SAGE Research Methods - the ultimate methods library, with more than 1000 books, reference works, journal articles, and instructional videos by world-leading academics from across the social sciences, including the largest collection of qualitative methods books available online from any scholarly publisher.
- Adam Matthew Archives Direct – Archives Direct is a suite of collections sourced from The National Archives, UK – the UK government’s official archive. The digitised archive of 19th and 20th century British Government papers contains over 2 million pages of highly relevant primary source content from some of the most political periods in history, including Foreign Office files, Macmillan Cabinet papers and ‘Women in the National Archives’. For more information please view the video! http://www.amdigital.co.uk/m-collections/collection/archives-direct/videos
- CQ Press Library - the place to search or browse resources on American government, current affairs, history, politics, public policy, and data analysis for the social sciences.
- CQ Press U.S. Political Stats – a powerful data download and visualization tool covering all three branches of the United States government. Users will discover a wealth of information on election returns, congressional floor votes, Supreme Court decisions, plus presidential performance and economic indicators, as well as diverse demographics. U.S. Political Stats provides power and context for researchers at all levels.
SAGE is also offering PSA members a free trial of the Politics Video collection from 1 July 2016!
Interested? Click here to join the PSA!