PSA Special Projects Fund
The Association has commissioned a new special projects fund with a total allowance of £10,000 for 2013-2014 and call on members to submit their applications.
A Special Project needs to be:
- of sufficient profile or interest that is likely to generate significant additional awareness or impact of UK political studies, nationally or internationally, among: fellow political scientists; the policy community; the media; the general public; or schools; or
- likely to lead to significant additional funding from third parties that can be invested in the development of political studies teaching, research, or knowledge exchange; or
- otherwise able in a significant additional way to further the objectives of the Association to promote the study of politics.
How to apply
- Applications should be no longer than 1500 words.
- Applicants will need to make their case for funding by reference to the criteria mentioned above. Please note: you must include details on proposed spending of up to £5,000. Exceptions may be made for a total that exceeds this amount, but applicants should recognise that the PSA expects to fund at least two Special Projects annually and has committed a total annual budget of £10,000.
- Applicants MUST be members of the PSA.
- Applications will be evaluated by a specially convened selection panel. (The panel will consist of five members, including one EC Trustee, either the Chair or Vice-Chair of the PSA, and three non-academic members.) The panel will submit applications it deems viable to the PSA Executive Committee who will consider the recommendations and make a final decision on which project(s) receive funding.
- Applications must be submitted to to the the Association’s Chief Executive Officer, Helena Djurkovic, by 15 September 2013. We anticipate that decisions on applications will be made by 30 November.