BJPIR call for special issue proposals
The British Journal of Politics and International Relations (BJPIR) is calling for proposals for its Special Issue in February 2019.
Any proposal should designate one or more guest editors, who will take responsibility for the delivery of a full range of articles on a designated theme. A proposal may contain as many as 14 individual articles but we also welcome proposals containing fewer (but no less than five) for ‘Special Sections’. The deadline for applications is 1 March 2018.
The BJPIR is the leading international UK-based journal in its subject areas. We welcome proposals in all areas covered by the journal including: international relations; comparative politics; public policy; political theory; and politics and policy in the United Kingdom. In particular, we welcome proposals that gather innovative, cutting edge research on international relations.
A formal proposal should contain:
- Title of the proposed Special Issue/Section.
- Names, contact details, and positions of the proposed Guest Editor(s) together with brief biographical details.
- A brief description (500 words) of the rationale behind the proposal, its planned scope, its innovative nature in the context of existing work, and its likely broader appeal.
- Names and position of each proposed contributor and a 150-word abstract of their paper.
- Details of project management ‘milestones’ such as any workshops, date by which first and subsequent drafts are to be submitted, time allowed for the refereeing process.
- The planned word count of each paper (8000 words is the maximum for all articles in the BJPIR) and confirmation that the total word count for a proposed Special Issue will not exceed a maximum of 100,000 words.
Please follow the link for full details about how to apply.