You are here
Enter The 2024 PSA/APSA International Partnerships Award Today!
The American Political Science Association (APSA) and the Political Studies Association (PSA) are pleased to announce that entries are now welcome for this award which recognises the very best in cross-Atlantic scholarly partnerships.
The APSA-PSA International Partnerships Award honours those Political Studies academics engaged in collaborative and productive cross-national partnerships that make a significant contribution to the discipline in the areas of teaching, research, or civic engagement.
We are looking for entries which demonstrate tangible benefits to the Political Studies discipline from a clear collaborative endeavour of two or more individuals and groups. Your entry should include a specific output:
- Scholarly (e.g., a peer-reviewed and published journal article, special issue or text)
- Pedagogic (e.g., a teaching resource, set of open-source teaching materials, guides or curricula content)
- Policy-orientated (e.g., a policy paper, policy briefs or networking)
- To benefit civil society (e.g., blog or vlogs, project-based initiatives, civic engagement).
The award will be judged by a joint APSA and PSA panel and the winning entry will this year be announced at the APSA’s annual meeting in Philadelphia in September 2024 and will be awarded a cash prize worth £2000.
- Self-nominations are permitted.
- Collaborative partnerships require a minimum of two individuals and must involve at least two scholars residing in two different countries.
- Anyone applying for the award who is based at a UK higher education institution must be a member of either PSA or APSA. Anyone applying for the award from outside the UK does not need to be a member of either association.
- The collaborative partnership award is intended to recognise a significant single collaborative contribution achieved in 2022 or 2023 rather than the cumulative work of a career; scholars of all levels are eligible for the award, including those early or mid-career.
- Interdisciplinary endeavours that draw on collaborations with other social scientists and/or colleagues in the arts and humanities are also welcome.
- Collaborators are also encouraged to embed principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within their overall approach.
Please submit your award entry to our friends at APSA by 14 February 2024 here: Recognizing the Merit of our Peers: 2024 APSA Awards Nominations Open | Deadline: February 14 - (politicalsciencenow.com)
Or contact them firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
You can read more about last year’s winners here: ‘Creating A Global Classroom’ Wins The Inaugural PSA/APSA International Partnerships Award | The Political Studies Association (PSA)