You are here
Help the PSA: Donate lecture capture content today!
Calling all academic lecturers!
Want to support teachers and A-level students in understanding politics? Share your audio-capture lectures with us.
By contributing to this exciting new project, you will help us deepen our engagement with schools, serve as a resource for A-Level teachers and students, and further encourage the benefits of a politics degree.
We are looking for content to supplement the study of global politics and political ideologies, particularly on themes corresponding to the A-level curriculum:
- The core ideas and principles of political ideologies: liberalism, conservatism, socialism, nationalism, multiculturalism, anarchism, ecologism
- Global governance - Role and significance of the IMF, World Bank, WTO, G8
- Global governance - Role and significance of the UN framework on climate change
- Global governance - Global civil society and NGOs
- Developments in global politics - World order since 2000
- Significance of states in global affairs – USA, BRICS
- Globalization - impacts/pros and cons of globalization
- Globalization - impacts on contemporary global issues such as conflict and poverty
What’s in it for you?
As a gesture of thanks, all of those who provide a one-page study guide (see more info here) alongside the audio content will receive free registration to the PSA’s Annual Conference. Your name and university will also be promoted alongside the content on the PSA’s website.
More broadly, providing lecture capture content is a great way to give back! By allowing your lecture to serve as a resource, you’re also contributing to your university’s goals of widening participation and expanding the reach of academic scholarship and teaching.
The small print
- Appropriate content will most likely be an introductory first-year lecture of approximately 50 minutes in length.
- All lectures donated will be checked to ensure they are GDPR compliant and content appropriate.
- Any content shared will be hosted on the PSA website, behind our website paywall, for the benefit of our members. Universities (or individuals) will retain copyright.
- The PSA can promote your lecture capture donation via social media and through our membership communications i.e. school e-newsletter.