You are here
PSA recruiting for new position
The Political Studies Association is recruiting for a new position of Programme Development Officer.
The Political Studies Association is a membership organisation which exists to promote research, education and the advancement of learning and understanding in political studies.
You will be responsible for managing and enhancing the Association’s activities for teachers, schools, undergraduates, graduates, alumni and specialist groups (networks of individuals with common research interests such as American Politics, Britishness and Elections, Public Opinion and Parties) to ensure these stakeholder groups feel well served by the organisation and value their association with it. This will involve leading, co-ordinating or supporting projects across the organisation at all stages: scoping, sounding out stakeholders and generating interest, positioning the project, assessing need or impact, planning, implementing, monitoring and building relations with individuals and organisations outside the Association.
- Previous experience of developing and co-ordinating streams of activity in the fields of policy, research or education.
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyse complex information and a track record of making decisions based on a range of internal and external factors and long-term impact.
- Team worker and proactive relationship builder.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence senior managers and others and work effectively in a matrix structure.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work on own initiative as well as under the direction of the CEO and as part of a team.
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets.
- Numerate with a good knowledge of Excel and preparing spreadsheets, budgets and simple financial accounts.
- Knowledge of Word and Powerpoint.
- Interest in politics and current affairs.
- Undergraduate degree.
For more details, download the job description, person description, and the equal opportunities monitoring form below.