You are here
Student Blog Competition 2020 - Shortlist Announced
We are pleased to announce the short-listed students for our Student Blog Competition 2020, held in partnership with the Financial Times and supported by UK Parliament.
We received 198 submissions to this year's Student Blog Competition. Students, aged 16-19 in full time secondary education, were challenged to answer 'Does the Public expect too much of UK Politicians' in a blog-style article in less than 600 words.
The PSA Team worked hard to short-list the best entries to send to our judging team. They considered the creativity, structure, integrity and levels of critical analysis when short-listing students.
We are pleased to announce our top twenty entries from the following students:
- Jennifer Eisner (Bedford Modern School)
- Zoe Grainger (Bolton Girls School, Sixth Form)
- Sophie Bloomfield (Greenhead College)
- Tyrone Granger (John Lyon School)
- Jessica Valins (King David High School)
- Gagandeep Sahota (Stratford Girls' Grammar School)
- Emma Wilson (Withington Girls' School)
- Nancy Armstrong Twigg (Moreton Hall)
- Meera Thakrar (Dr Challoner's High School)
- Imogen Holbrook (The Grammar School at Leeds)
- Alisha Desai-Kenvig (Wycombe Abbey)
- Victoria Painter (St George's School)
- Samuel Lopes (Altrincham Grammar School for Boys)
- Joshua Bolchover (City of London School)
- Sapphire Hope (St George's School)
- Cemal Inam (Wallington High School for Girls)
- Lucas Appleby (Bolton Sixth Form)
- Usman Arif (Wilson's School)
- Jude Todd Warmoth (Emmanuel School Battersea)
- Yana Imykshenova (St Paul's Girls' School)
These students are presented in no particular order.
Our judging team, this year, consisted of Michelle Doyle Wildman (CEO of the Political Studies Association), George Parker (Financial Times Political Editor) and a representative from the UK Parliament Education Team.
Subject to the guidance on public gatherings, in relation to the covid-19 pandemic, we hope to host an Awards Ceremony in early September for the short-listed students and their guest. Further details will be announced closer to the time including details of the winning article and two runners-up.
For full competition details click here.