You are here
Parliamentary Scrutiny: Challenges and Choices
Our CPD Seminar Day for Teachers has moved online! A collaboration between the UK Parliament Education Service and the Political Studies Association.
'Parliamentary Scrutiny: Challenges and Choices' a seminar for teachers of A Level Politics and Adavanced Higher Modern Studies. How does the UK Parliament hold Government to account? Hear from our academic and parliamentary guests!
Dr Mark Bennister (University of Lincoln) focusses on who is accountable and who scrutinises, taking an in depth look at the role of PMQs and the Liaison Commitee. Baroness Nicky Morgan shares her experience on taking ministerial questions and how 'scrutiny' differs in the House of Lords in comparison to the Commons.
Download Mark's full presentation here. This seminar was delivered live Thursday 11th June (10:30-12:00). PSA School members who participated can request a certificate of participation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note some of these resources are for PSA School members only (you must be logged in to access these).
- 'The Liaison Committee: Taking Evidence from the Prime Minister' Kelly, R. and Bennister, M. (2020)
- Teaching From a Distance (KS5), Political Studies Association
- The United Kingdom Parliament - School Topic Guide, Political Studies Association
- 'Coronavirus Blame Games - Who Really Benefits?' Flinders, M. (2020)
- 'How well do we know Boris Johnson MP' Langehennig, S. and Worthy, B. (2019)
- 'No Quarantine for Democracy...' De Vrieze, F. (2020)
Stay in touch!
If you don't want to miss out on future events and support the PSA to keep producing content like this, please join the Political Studies Association today!
If you have any questions on our Schools programme please contact us via email@example.com