You are here
Political Violence and Terrorism
The Political Violence & Terrorism Specialist Group of the UK’s Political Studies Association (PSA) is an international, non-profit network of leading experts on Political Violence & Terrorism. Its mission is to support research, organise scholarly events and provide a link between academics, practitioners, policymakers and the media.
The primary aims of the group are:
- To promote the study of Political Violence & Terrorism;
- To disseminate research on relevant subjects;
- To promote a critical discussion of the field between academics, practitioners, and policymakers;
- To foster collaboration and the exchange of ideas and research at subnational, national, and international level;
- To facilitate a group that is able to respond to current events and needs in a timely and critical manner;
- To promote the dissemination of good practice in the teaching on Political Violence & Terrorism.
Membership is open to all academics, teachers, postgraduate students, practitioners, policymakers and media professionals with an interest in the study of Political Violence & Terrorism, as long as they are current members of the PSA. Membership is not limited to the UK.
The PSA’s network of 60 Specialist Groups offers a research focus for all members and covers a vast range of specialities within the discipline. SGs provide an opportunity for groups of academics who share a common interest in a particular area of the discipline to organise meetings, coordinate communications, and as outlets for research – as well as giving PSA members opportunities for developing their academic impact and professional development.”
Convenors can view the SG Handbook here.