You are here
Legislating and Lobbying
Our CPD Seminars for Teachers has moved online! A collaboration between the UK Parliament Education Service and the Political Studies Association.
'Legislating and Lobbying' a seminar for teachers of A Level Politics and Adavanced Higher Modern Studies.
Dr Nikki Soo (Cardiff University) presents on 'Influencing Decisions: Media and Lobbying in Parliament' with a focus on the impact of social media on political campaigning, and the best methods of online lobbying. In contract Chris Clarke (House of Lords Legislative Office) speaks on the 'ins-and-outs' of legislative process, and the pros and cons of the UK Parliamentary system.
This seminar was delivered live Tuesday 6th October (16:00-17:30). PSA School members who participated can request a certificate of participation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note some of these resources are for PSA School members only (you must be logged in to access these).
- Download Nikki's full presentation here.
- Download Chris's full presentation here.
- Teaching From a Distance (KS5), Political Studies Association
- The United Kingdom Parliament - School Topic Guide, Political Studies Association
- 'Governing under Pressure? The Mental Wellbeing of Politicians', Matthew Flinders, Ashley Weinbeg, James Weinberg, Marc Geddes and RIchard Kwiatkowski (2020)
- 'Upskirting now a crime after woman's campaign' BBC News (2019) Example of succesful campaigning and private members bill
- 'Harssment and Intimidation of Parliamentary Candidates in the United Kingdom' Sofia Collignon & Wolfgang Rudig (2020)
Stay in touch!
If you don't want to miss out on future events and support the PSA to keep producing content like this, please join the Political Studies Association today!
If you have any questions on our Schools programme please contact us via email@example.com