You are here
Young People's Politics
The PSA Young People’s Politics specialist group addresses various questions within contemporary and historical contexts related to young people’s political participation, such as:
- What does ‘politics’ and political participation mean to young people?
- How and why do young people choose to participate (or not) in politics and democracy?
- How can young people be encouraged to participate more widely (and deeply) in various forms of civic and political engagement, including electoral and non-electoral forms of political participation?
- How is the landscape of young people’s citizenship and political participation evolving?
- Why is young people’s political participation important?
Members of the YPP specialist group engage with key issues, such as:
citizenship, citizenship education, political socialisation, Votes at 16, electoral participation, political generations, non-electoral participation, Do-It-Ourselves politics, protest, engagement, generational replacement, representation, precarity and politics, intergenerational inequalities.
Become a YPP member and receive our newsletter:
Institution: Manchester Metropolitan University
Institution: Universite Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris 3
Institution: Newcastle University
Institution: University of Sheffield
Institution:University of Sheffield
Email us on email@example.comJoin this Group